Motorized Retractable Screens
Extend Your Outdoor Living Space
We all know that it is almost impossible to sit out on the patio without the nuisance of mosquitoes, bees, and other insects. Wouldn’t it be nice to never have to worry about this again. Dreamscreens Motorized Screen systems have eliminated this problem along with a few others all at the touch of a button. Our screens systems will diminish the wind and rain, protect you from the suns’ harmful UV rays, provide privacy from your neighbours, as well as extend the use of your outdoor space in the spring and fall with an outdoor heater. You can create a whole new outdoor living space that invites cool breezes in, with the safety of a bug free environment. Dreamscreens Overhead Screen Systems are a powerful solution for large applications: Covered Patios, Under Decks, Porches, Lanais, Balconies, Terraces, Gazebos, Bi-Fold Doors, Nana Walls, Shading on Picture Windows, or converting a Garage into a workshop or playroom. Our Motorized Screens are available up to 24 ft wide, and up to 16 ft high.
Dreamscreens Motorized Retractable Screens are the perfect screening solution for the following applications:
Our motorized retractable screen doors are the best that Canada has to offer because they:
- Rugged design features exclusive “Wind Bar” bracing technology, to withstand high wind loads and impacts. The windbar also helps create tension on the screen fabric from side to side resulting in a consistently ‘taut’ screen. The longer the screen remains taut, the better it will roll up and down and the longer it will last.
- Dreamscreens Exclusive Mesh Lock Track design has an automatic release feature to prevent your screen from tearing. The vertical tracks, which guide the screen up and down, contain thousands of tiny bristles that criss cross through the screen to hold it in place. The benefit of this is that if you accidentally fell into the screen, the dog jumps up on it, or there is a big gust of wind instead of ripping the screen releases. To fix it all you have to do is bring the screen up and it will automatically self correct back into the track.
- With Dreamscreens, if you ever have an accident (which is the only way to damage our screens) and have to replace the screen, you only need to replace one panel. As long as it is on one of the bottom two panels, replacing the screen will only take 20 minutes. All you have to do is angle the bottom bar and windbar out of the track, unscrew and slide out the screen (with the cigar hole) and slide in the new screen. It is as simple as that.
- Your choice of four standard colours . Custom colors also available.
- Provides insect free ventilation and enhanced privacy/shading with a variety of screen material options.
- Designed to be installed flush inside an opening, on the face or surface of an opening, as well as recessed into a column and totally out of sight.
- Remote controlled convenience is standard, opens & retracts with the touch of a button.
- State-of-the-art externally programmable low-profile Somfy motor that not only operates but adjusts its settings by remote control.
- Plugs into a standard electrical outlet.
- Retracts into its own housing when not in use.
- Sturdy construction for years of trouble-free operation.
- Complete ventilation with the safety of a bug free environment.
- Limited life time warranty for your peace of mind. 5 yr warranty on motor, which Somfy suggests should last for 15+ years.
The Advantages of Dreamscreens Windbar Technology
Dreamscreens WindBar Technology
One of the biggest issues with retractable screens is wind. Persistent exposure to sustained winds or even gentle breezes, sooner or later takes a toll on the screening fabric. As with any material, screen fabric is subject to heat and cold and will expand and contract regularly. Add constant wind to that and over time, depending on the amount of exposure, even the highest quality screen may age to the point where the fabric may need to be replaced. The larger the opening, the more rapid the aging.
Only Dreamscreens has developed a way to reduce or even eliminate this aging process.
- The Exclusive Dreamscreen WindBar and the Dreamscreen Mesh Lock Track
Unlike competitors’ products, the Dreamscreen motorized screen has a custom designed WindBar incorporated into the mesh, horizontally. The position of the Wind Bar can vary from 2-3ft from the bottom, or 2-3ft from the top, depending on the height of the unit. Usually we place them at a height out of your line of sight, whether sitting of standing. The WindBar can also be strategically placed higher or lower to accommodate special needs such as railings etc. This special WindBar, made of unbendable extruded aluminum, is a mere 1 inch high and is perfectly color matched to the screen material. Along with this WindBar, the vertical tracks, which guide the screen up and down, contain thousands of tiny brush like bristles that grip the screen material if and when strong winds threaten. Together, this system is undoubtedly the best defense against ”Blowout”, which can spell disaster for many motorized screen products.
The WindBar, not only helps keep the screen fabric from billowing, it also helps create tension on the fabric from side to side resulting in a consistently taut screen. The longer the screening remains taut, the better it will roll up and down and the longer it will last.
Another great feature about the WindBar is the ability to replace a single panel of screening on site. Should the screening become damaged for any reason, we can simply replace the damaged section on site in most cases without even taking the unit down. Competitive products, if damaged, need to be taken down and shipped back to the factory for entire screen replacement and then shipped back to be reinstalled. Very Costly.
Our competitors will tell you that our WindBars cause disruption of view. We don’t think they do, but even if they did, the benefits of our system certainly outweigh the cost of replacing the screening prematurely.
Receive a free estimate on any of our Toronto screen doors!
If you would like to extend your living space with Dreamscreens Motorized Screen systems call us now at (905) 849-6500 or (888) 282-4678 to receive a free estimate.
Our color options include:
*Custom Colors and Wood Grain Available*